Lawyers For Same-Sex Divorce In Somerville And Cambridge
In 2004, Massachusetts became the first state to allow same-sex couples to marry. Of course, as with heterosexual marriages, some same-sex marriages end in divorce. While many of the legal issues involved in same-sex divorce are the same as those presented in divorces for opposite-sex couples, there may be some differences.
At Adam Dash & Associates, our attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience in family law, and we have assisted same-sex couples in divorce matters. Our same-sex divorce lawyers provide assistance in all aspects of divorce, such as:
- Custody and child support, if children are involved
- Spousal support (alimony)
- Division of marital property and debt
Explaining The Differences Between Conventional And Same-Sex Divorce
Though most same-sex divorce issues are not unique, there are many areas where they may differ. For example:
- Domestic partnerships: Some long-term partner may have chosen not to marry, leading to complex property issues.
- Child Custody: One partner may have children from a prior relationship or adoption. If the other parent does not adopt the child, he or she may not have custody or visitation rights..
We know that every divorce case is different, and we pride ourselves on being accessible to you at all times during your divorce. If you have a concern, always feel free to stop in and see us. If you call, we’ll do our best to return it within 24 hours. When you come to us, you can be confident that your lawyers care about you and will work hard to protect your rights.
Contact A Boston Gay/Lesbian Marriage Dissolution Attorney
If you have questions about same-sex marriage or same-sex divorce, we are here to answer them. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call 617-440-7731, toll free 866-662-1899 or contact our Somerville law firm online. We are available for evening appointments and are conveniently located in Davis Square.